Tue, Feb 01|
Photography Contest - Theme: LOVE
Contest opens February 1, 2022 and closes February 25, 2022. Top 5 photos will be announced on February 28 and each one wins $50. See event for details.
Time & Location
Feb 01, 2022, 7:00 a.m. – Feb 25, 2022, 11:55 p.m.
About the Event
Judge: Christina Chrysler
Chris draws inspiration from both the urban and rural environs- focusing on expressing the visual experience by capturing the essence of her subject through a combination of simplified value shapes and vibrant palettes. Chris' art has been exhibited in Canada and the United States and her works are held in private collections around the world. She is currently Professor and Program Coordinator of, both, the full-time Visual & Creative Arts- Fine Arts and 1000 Islands Summer School of the Arts programs at St. Lawrence College. Chris is also the former curator of the Marianne van Silfhout Gallery, Brockville ON.
Theme for the Contest: Love
“What the world needs now, is love, sweet love”. No theme could be more universal, yet simultaneously diverse, than that of ‘love’. The use of the word itself varies in depth and experience. Love relates to the relationships we hold with ourselves, with others, and with the world around us. It can be found between two people such as in the gaze between a parent and child or the embrace of two lovers, but it is also found in an appreciation of nature and the wagging tail of a beloved pet. Just as the presence of love fills and inspires us with joy, the absence of love equally impacts our vision of the world around us, often so beautifully expressed in moments of grief and loss. No better word describes the motivating force behind the human condition. Whether you are in love, have lost love, or are wish to share love, the potential for this prompt is limitless.
1. Contest opens February 1, 2022 and closes February 25, 2022.
2. Top 5 photos will be announced on February 28 and each one wins $50.
3. The top 5 photos will be presented at the Experience Art Festival June 25, 2022 and compete for the $250 prize. Final judging will be done by the public and announced at the festival.
4. Please submit from 3-5 original photographs (Name#entry_Titleofphoto_Datesubmitted)
5. Please submit a short bio (max. 250 words) with your photo(s).
6. Email your submission to email@example.com